Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Orphan No More!!!!

We have our Piper!

Its been a very long day, and I am sorry I am just now posting. We got to the Guizhou Center of Adoption Affairs around 230 this afternoon. We walked in and she was in the lobby. As soon as I held her, I knew she was home. Unfortunately we didn't have the still camera ready, but we did get video of the "gotcha moment" and will try to post it later.

Piper did SO well....she whined just a bit, but overall has done beautifully. She cried pretty hard when we got back to the room, but fell asleep in my arms....which is a huge accomplishment. I will admit, she is already a Daddy's girl...the little stinker. But, she is doing great with me too, so I am thrilled.

The girls are doing great with her. They want to hold her, and she will let them, but then its gets a little overwhelming.







We still need your prayers! I will post more as I am able, but please still keep us in your prayers. I love you guys!


Photobucket

11 comments:

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

Oh my goodness!! She is just precious, need I say more. So glad you got to get her a day before expected so she can wake up to her forever family on her birthday. I am sure you guys are over the moon right now (and sleeping right now too as I type this - LOL!!).

When we went back the second day to finalize everything in Carissa's province, they asked us if we liked her and wanted to keep her. I thought that was the funniest question and we were like DUH!!! Not really, but you are already in love before seeing your child and once she is in your arms, it confirms all the trouble you went through to be right there in that moment with her. ENJOY!!

P.S. Happy Birthday Piper!!

Jessica Hart said...

Casey,
She is beautiful! Congratulations! I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you all and we are praying for you!

Felicia said...

wow..way to make me cry on Halloween! I got tears from the first picture..the whole thing..Paul's face..your face..Piper's smile. I never really "got" adoption I admit until I saw this picture. You are such a gift and so is she. Thank God for giving you to her and her to you. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Casey, I hope you got my email. If not, please feel free to call me and I'll read it to you. Debbie

Donna said...

She is so beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! Praying a smooth transition for all of you.....

Anneka said...

So Awesome!! Can't wait to meet our girl!! Praying for smooth transitions and paperwork!! Love ya

Jan J. said...

Beautiful baby with a beautiful smile! Congratulations!

Tammy Franklin (Queen) said...

That is a beautiful moment.....congratulations!

Jen said...

I just can't stop looking at the pictures! She is precious and looks happy! I can't wait for you guys to get back home so we can meet her in person! Will be praying for the remainder of your trip and travels soon to come!!! I love you!

Amy Leigh said...

yay!!!!! i'm so glad you got your little piper. what a special time and i am so thrilled the girls got to go with you all as well. what a special time for all of you and something your oldest two will remember always and be able to tell to piper when she is older! what a blessing you and paul are to BOTH you adopted girls and to ava as well of course. i'll be praying for a smooth transition on all ends and that you get home safely and soon with piper so the family can start loving on her ASAP! have a safe trip and give piper lots of hugs and kisses. tell ava and emma i said hello too!!! :)

Jennifer Dunn said...

I just had a wow moment and I can not even begin to imagine the overflowing of joy and relief as you got to hold your new precious daughter! We are still praying and will continue to do so. We can't wait to meet her!

About Me

Casey
I am the wife of a wonderful man, and the mom to three beautiful little girls. Emma, Ava and Piper are already home, and Charlotte is waiting for us in China....somewhere! God has blessed us immeasurably and we are so very thankful for the Spirit of Adoption He placed in our home and in our hearts!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.