Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Leaving Tomorrow!
I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that we are leaving for China tomorrow! I am very emotional today as we prepare to go....I feel unmeasurably blessed. I keep remembering when we were getting ready to leave to go get Emma. I was 25 years old, 31 weeks pregnant, and getting on an airplane to go to Russia to meet my daughter. I was a first time mom with no idea how hard it could be to be a mom, but also with no idea how wonderful it was and how much love a heart could hold! (sorry, I said I was emotional. Forgive me, guys!)
Today, like most days lately, I keep thinking of Piper. You see, the orphanage? Its all she knows. Good, bad, indifferent, its all she knows. I keep thinking of how excited we are going to be next Monday, waiting to meet her, but how she will have no idea how much her little world is going to change. I wish God could whisper to her heart in a way she could understand. She has a mama. She has a daddy. Two sisters. And a huge family that already loves and is praying for her. But, I know next week is going to be hard on our sweet girl. I have mentioned this to many of you, so sorry if you are hearing it again. They will bring her to us, and after visiting a while, they will go, and she will be ours. To us that is wonderful! To her, I can't imagine how terrifying it may be. Please be praying for Piper in the next week. And for us. That we will be able to parent in her in just the way she needs, putting our needs aside and just focusing on showing this little one what it really means to be loved.
Thank you all for your prayers! We will try to update the blog as much as we can. I know I have loved following the blogs of those going before me. To my internet friends waiting: This is going to be you before you know it! If I could wrap your little ones in my arms and give them hugs and kisses, I would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Me
- Casey
- I am the wife of a wonderful man, and the mom to three beautiful little girls. Emma, Ava and Piper are already home, and Charlotte is waiting for us in China....somewhere! God has blessed us immeasurably and we are so very thankful for the Spirit of Adoption He placed in our home and in our hearts!
Followers
Powered by Blogger.

2 comments:
Safe travels!
So excited for you Casey! You and your family will be in my prayers. Have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment