Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Its Official!

Today we completed Piper's adoption...she is officially Piper Rose Fei Mussell!!! (Rose was added by her sister and Daddy last minute)

She is doing really, really well! She really gets her feelings hurt if we put her down, but other than that, she really has done great. We celebrated a little yesterday for her birthday. We also went to a local park that has a few rides....Emma and Ava had so much fun. It was good for them after being cooped up, I think. Today Paul took them out for ice cream while Piper slept, and they got to be in a photo shoot...ha! Several people wanted their pictures taken with them...I gather not many Americans make their way here.

The caregivers from Piper's orphanage gave us the best little book...it has several pictures of her in the orphanage, from when she was younger and while we were waiting for her. You can tell that they knew her, loved her, and really took good care of her. She was pleased to see them today, but ready to go back to her Daddy when it was time!

And now, what you guys really want...I am including pictures from yesterday and today. Thank you again for all of your prayers...we love you!








7 comments:

Heather said...

Yea!!! Lots of love and prayers to you all. She's just as beautiful as her big sisters!

Jennifer said...

Case- you know what moves me the most??? Paul's HUGE smile in all the pictures! And I love that every picture we see of Piper she is also smiling so pretty and looks really really happy... not scared or afraid... but truly happy! What a huge blessing!!!! I love & miss you bunches and can't wait for you to get home - all of you safe & sound! Love ya - Jen

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

So fun to see the happy faces!! You mentioned that her feelings get hurt when you put her down. Carissa also adjust well and was pretty happy most of the time EXCEPT when we put her down or tried to change her. For the first several days, she was have the saddest little cry when we laid her down or changed her. She was cry for mama (nanny). I would have to hold her really tight and snuggle for a while then she was fine. After a few days she quit doing it but it was so sad. Enjoy and savor each day in China. I was ready to get home but also missed China when we got home. You gain heart but also lose a little when you leave.

Kay Lambert said...

I am so happy for you all, and for Piper. She will be so blessed to be a part of your family. My prayers are with you!

Tammy Franklin (Queen) said...

So HAPPY for your family! Prayers for your safe trip back.

Claire said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casey- so thrilled for y'all!!!!! We will have to get together one day when you are home and things calm down and when Miss Piper is up for seeing another Chinese face! Lilly LOVES to see other Chinese girls.
Congrats and ENJOY China and getting to know Miss Piper.

Katherine Hart said...

Casey & Paul
Piper looks right at home with Mom & Dad and her big sisters. I am so happy for you guys. What a blessing God has given you guys. We will continue to pray until you are all home. We love you all!
Kathi Hart & family

About Me

Casey
I am the wife of a wonderful man, and the mom to three beautiful little girls. Emma, Ava and Piper are already home, and Charlotte is waiting for us in China....somewhere! God has blessed us immeasurably and we are so very thankful for the Spirit of Adoption He placed in our home and in our hearts!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.